I wanted to write a blog for the New Year about how you can use champagne to clean your house, tying new year and cleaning together in one fell swoop! However, after some research online I couldn’t find any tips or any information to use.
That’s most likely because champagne is sticky, champagne is expensive and it should only be guzzled in a celebratory manner or sprayed over oneself, a boat or a crowd at a sporting event.
So instead, I turned to New Year’s cleaning traditions…Chinese New Year has some interesting traditions that I think are good to take on board for our one.
- The entire house, top to bottom, every nook, cranny, corner, under the sofas, on top of the kitchen cupboards, needs to be thoroughly cleaned BEFORE New Year’s Day.
- Then on New Year’s Eve, all cleaning equipment, brooms, hoovers, cloths, products, mops and so on, have to be stored away.
- Even if you spill something on the floor on New Year’s Day, NOTHING can be swept up or good fortune will be swept away.
This all may be a little bit much for you, but we can certainly take note of the ethos behind all this, out with the old, preparing for the new, and incorporate this into our New Year preparations. Plus, what could be better than waking up to a lovely clean house on New years day and not be allowed to do any cleaning at all (not hard with a sore head!)
Make 2016 the year you finally get on top of the household chores and make at least some of your NY resolutions cleaning related! Here’s some ideas…
– Set aside at least a few hours for cleaning each week, turn the music up, use your new Christmas cleaning products and equipment (what, didn’t you get any of these for Christmas?! Sort it out Santa!) and get the house looking shiny. We promise it gets easier when you keep it up!
– Get your family involved, make it fun, have races to clean the floors and make beds and prizes for whoever cleans their bedroom the most quickly!
– Keep an eye on our Facebook page! We regularly post cleaning tips and hacks and if you’ve got a cleaning-related question you would like us to answer, then post on our page and we’ll see what we can do! There’s also lots of amusing pictures of cats. Like this one…
Happy New Year, we hope you have all the love, joy, success and cleanliness you could ever need in 2016!!!